Type of raw material
The rigid PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) compound used in the manufacture of pipes and fittings is Type 1, i.e., Grade 1 PVC 1120 as identified in ASTM D-1784. The compound contains specified amounts of pigment, stabilizers and other additives to facilitate extrusion.
The system is made as per ASTM (American Society for Testing of Materials) standards. The pipes are made as per ASTM D- 1785 and fittings are made as per ASTM D-2466 (for SCH 40 fittings) and ASTM D-2467 (for SCH 80 fittings). The pipes are supplied without socket, i.e., in plain in 3m length, in SCH 40 and SCH 80 pressure class. The complete fitting range is available in SCH 80, whereas most running fittings are also available in SCH 40. The pipes and fitting are available in 15 to 200mm dia (½” to 8″) in SCH 80. In addition to this, 15 to 50mm (½” to 2″) sizes are available in SCH 40. The aqua Gold® fittings can be classified into four categories.
- Solvent weld socketed fittings
- Threaded fittings with plastic threads
- Threaded fittings with brass inserts, and
- Flange joints
Fields of application
This system is designed for normal water application and is an ideal solution for potable water distribution, plumbing and water supply in residential and industrial buildings. It can be used for uptake lines, down take lines and loops on the terraces, water distribution mains, industrial process lines, sugar, paper and distillery industry and transportation corrosive fluid.
Features And Benefits
- Strong, resilient and long lasting – This system is highly resilient, tough and durable with high tensile and impact strength. It is also free of weaknesses caused due to rusting, weathering and chemical action which helps it last considerably longer than GI pipe system.
- Mechanical properties – uPVC pipes are relatively more flexible than conventional pipe system. They have adequate tensile strength and even burst strength to withstand the operating pressures encountered in most service conditions within the specified range of temperature for the system. External shocks or impacts that could cause a failure in more rigid materials, can be absorbed by the system.
- Excellent chemical and corrosion resistant properties – This material is free from corrosion and has an excellent resistance against many chemicals like strong mineral acids, alkalis, salts as well as to a large number of organic solvents.
- Light weight – Being light in weight (1/6th the weight of metal piping), these pipes are easy to handle, transport and install.
- Simple and leak proof joints – Jointing can be done speedily with the special solvent cement supplied by the company which ensures 100% leak proof joints.
- Most suitable for carriage of potable water – Being non metallic and made from some special compounds, this system is free from corrosion, chemical reactivity and biological effects.
- Optimum flow rates – A mirror-smooth surface with C-value 150 ensures a high flow rates and low frictional losses.
- Piping system integrity – Supreme aqua Gold® offers a complete range of pipe and fitting products which translates into the fact that one needs to look no further.
- Maintenance free – Being free from all the demerits of old system like rusting, pitting, scaling, galvanic or electrolytic corrosion, the Supreme aqua Gold® system can rightly boast of being maintenance free.
- Overall economy – Maintenance free, long life of a product which is light, can be cut, jointed and installed with little effort saves a huge amount of money over its life time.
Dimensions and water pressure rating at 23°C for unthreaded pipes as per ASTM D-1785 (PVC compound grade equivalent to PVC 1120/2120)
|Nominal size||Outside diameter (D) in mm||Schedule 40||Schedule 80|
|Wall thickness (t) in mm||Working pressure||Wall thickness (t) in mm||Working pressure|
|15||½||21.34 + 0.10||2.77+0.51||41.4||600||3.73+0.51||58.6||850|
|20||¾||26.67 + 0.10||2.87+ 0.51||33.1||480||3.91+0.51||47.6||690|
|25||1||33.40 + 0.13||3.38+0.51||31.0||450||4.55+0.53||43.4||630|
|32||1¼||42.16 + 0.13||3.56+0.51||25.5||370||4.85+0.58||35.9||520|
|40||1½||48.26 + 0.15||3.68+0.51||22.8||330||5.08+0.61||32.4||470|
|50||2||60.32 + 0.15||3.91+0.51||19.3||280||5.54+0.66||27.6||400|
|65||2½||73.02 + 0.18||5.16+0.61||20.7||300||7.01+0.84||29.0||420|
|80||3||88.90 + 0.20||5.49+0.66||17.9||260||7.62+0.91||25.5||370|
|100||4||114.30 + 0.23||6.02+0.71||15.2||220||8.56+1.02||22.1||320|
|125||5||141.30 + 0.25||6.55+0.79||13.1||190||9.52+1.14||20.0||290|
|150||6||168.28 + 0.28||7.11+0.86||12.4||180||10.97+1.32||19.3||280|
|200||8||219.08 + 0.38||8.18+0.99||11.0||160||12.70+1.52||17.2||250|
|*250||10||273.05 + 0.38||9.27+1.12||9.8||140||15.06+1.80||16.1||230|