- Structural strength – Eco-drain pipes are designed using I-beam construction which provides high moment of inertia and hence sufficiently durable to meet soil over load requirements.
- High flow capacity/hydraulics – Superior hydraulics due to mirror smooth internal surface and hence reduces the possibility of blockage.
- Watertight joints – Unique design of joints with click ring and sealing ring assures completely leak-proof joints.
- Great flexibility – Due to the pipes being light weight and having longer lengths, installation becomes very convenient and fast.
- Minimum installation expenses – Extensive savings in the installation cost is possible as trench width and gradients requirements are minimized due to simple jointing technique and high flow rates.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion and chemical attacks.
- Hygienic and safe – Because of water tightness of the joints and trouble free performance without any blockage or leakage, high standards of hygiene are maintained.
- Low maintenance costs.
- Long life – As pipe resist corrosion, sediment buildup and susceptibility to chemical reactions, the pipes are sufficiently durable.
- Cost effective-Supreme Eco-drain pipes are cost effective, as compared to the conventional pipes and solid wall PVC pipes over the life cycle.
Although PVC pipes offer many advantages in underground drainage and sewerage segment, it is not yet widely accepted amongst Indian consumers. This has been mainly due to cost considerations in comparison with conventional stoneware or RCC pipes. Now due to improved technology these pipes have all the added benefits of PVC that add to the cost effectiveness. Because of numerous advantages, these pipes are widely getting accepted for drainage and sewerage application and will further penetrate the market mainly dominated by concrete and clay (stoneware) pipes.
Unique watertight joints
Because of unique design of joints with fixed click ring and sealing ring, the system is completely leak-proof. Joints are stable, watertight and can accommodate angular deflectionand axial. displacement. Joints are designed to resist loads from horizontal and vertical forces. These joints can accommodate 3° angular deflection in any direction and hence offer good flexibility against lateral or vertical soil movements.
Fields of application
These pipes are specially designed for underground drainage and sewerage application. Eco-drain pipes can be used for all underground drainage and gravity sewerage system, all rainwater collection, discharge and gravity systems, soil and waste systems inside the buildings and sewerage application.
These pipes are made as per IS:16098 and meets all the test requirements of European and International standards for “Structured-wall pipes and fittings” for Underground Drainage and Sewerage.
These pipes have equivalent stiffness and flexibility in combination with a weight reduction from 10 to 35%, depending on size. The pipes are plain ended and are available in 110 to 400mm sizes. The pipes are available in different stiffness classes as given in the table. These pipes are interchangeable with solid wall pipes and are compatible with regular PVC fittings.
Dimensions and Stiffness Class of Eco-Drain Pipes As per IS:16098
Pipe size OD (mm)
Pipe ring stiffness (KN/m2)
Wall thickness (mm)